Thursday, February 4, 2021

Take My Life

By Marilyn Travis

This morning I invite you to take time to meditate and pray on this passage from Psalms. I am also sharing the poem “Hell-Bent,” written by Susan Delaney Spear, and a link to the hymn, “Take My Life and Let It Be.” Read or listen to each one at least twice and take time to pray and listen for God’s forgiveness, healing, and direction. I am striving to seek God’s will in my life. I want my will to be aligned with His will. It’s a process for sure – a journey. I’m grateful that I’m not alone in this journey. I’m sharing it with each of you.

 Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

"Hell-Bent"

Hallow my eyes

Which envy things others possess:

A friend’s distinct talent,

A colleague’s success.

 

Hallow my ears

Which are deaf to the facts:

The cycle of poverty,

Inhumane acts.

 

Hallow my lips

Which embroider a story

To tear others down

And bring myself glory.

 

Hallow my arms

Which are quick to embrace

The lovable, powerful

But shun the disgraced.

 

Hallow my feet

Which skirt paths of danger,

Evade paths of sacrifice

And penniless strangers.

 

Hallow my heart,

Ambiguous, discontent,

Doggedly stubborn,

And strangely hell-bent.

Susan Delaney Spear

 

Take My Life and Let It Be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Byp7aK2DA 

No comments:

Post a Comment