Wednesday, January 20, 2021

God's Work of Art

By Barb Batt

When I was listening to the sermon by Mike Banta on Sunday, I immediately thought of a Christian song on this same subject. The name of the song is God Only Knows and it is performed by King & Country.  The following are some of the lyrics from that song:

Wide awake while the world is sound asleepin'

Too afraid of what might show up while you're dreamin'

Nobody, nobody nobody sees you

Nobody, nobody would believe you

Every day you try to pick up all the pieces

All the memories, they somehow never leave you

Nobody, nobody, nobody sees you

Nobody, nobody would believe you

God only knows what you've been through
God only knows what they say about you
God only knows how it's killing you
But there's a kind of love that God only knows

God only knows what you've been through
God only knows what they say about you
God only knows the real you
There's a kind of love that God only knows

You keep a cover over every single secret
So afraid if someone saw them they would leave
Somebody, somebody, somebody sees you
Somebody, somebody will never leave you

I have been struggling with a character flaw recently (one of my many). I don't like how I am feeling, but it seems the more I try to stop the negative thoughts, they keep bombarding me. I have been praying to God to help me battle the evil one. In my heart, I know God knows what I am feeling and what I am going through. I believe he is with me in this struggle, and he provides the kind of love I need. I am amazed that God continues to love me after seeing me as I am. 

I loved when Mike shared during his sermon that we bow our heads to pray because God is in our hearts. That is a wonderful visual for me to remember when the negativity starts. I don't know what struggles you are facing now. I just know that if you pray and share them with God, the burden is so much lighter.

"Each one of us is God's special work of art. Through us, He teaches and inspires, delights and encourages, informs and uplifts all those who view our lives. God, the master artist, is most concerned about expressing Himself - His thoughts and His intentions - through what he paints in our character...(He) wants to paint a beautiful portrait of His Son in and through your life. A painting like no other in all of time."

                   Joni Eareckson Tada 1949 - American Writer, Speaker

No comments:

Post a Comment