Saturday, December 26, 2020

Perfect Love

By Barb Batt

Love is not based on emotions or feelings. It is a decision to be committed to the well being of others without any conditions or circumstances. Love seeks the highest good of others. 

                From the devotional book, How the Spirit Works In and Through Believers

The time I felt the most intense love was when I had my son. When I looked at his sweet baby face, I was overcome with such strong feelings of joy and protectiveness. It is amazing to me that God loved us so much that he gave his only Son.

The Love of God

 "Keep yourselves in the love of God; look forward to the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life". Jude v. 21

The Bible is a revelation of the fact that God is love. Many people misunderstand the attribute of God’s nature which is love. “God is love” does not mean that everything is sweet, beautiful, and happy, and that God’s love could not possibly allow punishment for sin.

When we preach justice, it is justice tempered with love. When we preach righteousness, it is righteousness founded on love. When we preach atonement, it is atonement planned by love, provided by love, given by love, finished by love, necessitated because of love. When we preach the resurrection of Christ, we are preaching the miracle of love. When we preach the return of Christ, we are preaching the fulfillment of love. No matter what sin you have committed, or how terrible, dirty, or shameful it may be, God loves you. This love of God is immeasurable, unmistakable, and unending!

            November 3, 2020 Billy Graham Evangelistic Association

Let's Pray:

ord, give me the capacity to love fully and completely. When I look at the cross, I know You have shown me the deepest depths of mercy, sacrifice, forgiveness, salvation and love. Help me embrace your model of perfect love and live it each day. Please accept my humble offering of love. I want to be consumed by my love for You, Lord Jesus, until You possess all of my heart and soul. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment