Friday, April 8, 2022

We are Loved

By Barb Batt

As I begin preparing for Holy Week, my mind will drift to the current issues in our community and the world. I sometimes become fearful and anxious. The following is one of my favorite devotionals from Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young for August 1. This devotional provides me peace which I would like to share with you today.

For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor rulers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38-39 NRSV

Nothing can separate you from My Love. Let this divine assurance trickle through your mind and into your heart and soul. Whenever you start to feel fearful or anxious, repeat this unconditional promise: "Nothing can separate me from Your Love, Jesus".

Most of mankind's misery stems from feeling unloved. In the midst of adverse circumstances, people tend to feel that love has been withdrawn and they have been forsaken. This feeling of abandonment is often worse than the adversity itself. Be assured that I never abandon any of My children, not even temporarily. I will never leave you or forsake you! My Presence watches over you continually. I have engraved you on the palms of My hands.

Amazing Savior,
Your face is shining upon me and bathing me in your radiant peace. As long as I keep my focus on You, I am safe. The closer I live to You, the safer I feel. Thank you so much for your sacrifice for me. I am not worthy, but very grateful. In Your loving Name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment