Saturday, April 16, 2022

I Am Thankful for the Scars

by Barb Batt


And when they had crucified him, they divided his clothes among themselves by casting lots. Matthew 27:35 NRSV

As I journeyed toward Good Friday, I tried to fathom how much Jesus did for me when he suffered and died on the cross. Sometimes when I am working with wood and get a splinter, it can really hurt. I can't imagine the pain of having a nail driven into my hands and feet, and then hanging from them. I was listening to a Christian radio station recently and the song "Scars," by I Am They, was playing. I want to share the following words from this song as I believe they really apply to Good Friday.

I Can See, I Can See

How You Delivered Me

In Your Hands, In Your Feet

I Found My Victory

I Can See, I Can See

How You Delivered Me

In Your Hands, In Your Feet

I Found My Victory
 
I'm Thankful For Your Scars

Cause Without Them I Wouldn't Know Your Heart

And With My Life I'll Tell Of Who You Are

So Forever I Am Thankful

I am grateful for the pain and scars Jesus endured for me. I am not worthy at all. 

What one word do you think of when you hear the words Jesus died on the cross? So many come to my mind such as grace, love, grateful, and amazing.

Father, help me see the Easter story through fresh eyes this year. Let me never take for granted all that you have done for me through your son suffering and dying on the cross. Show me how I can be a faithful disciple who loves and serves you well. In your precious name, Jesus. Amen. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment