Thursday, March 10, 2022

Calm in Chaos

By: Cathy Ramsey


 

Do you feel like there is a lot of chaos in the world? Does it feel like a storm is raging all around us? Ukraine, children starving in Afghanistan, COVID 19 isolation and economic impact, high prices, stock shortages, illness or injuries for ourselves, family and friends are all the things in our lives that can feel so overwhelming.

I find it calming to watch it snow, watch and hear the birds singing, walking through a flower garden or the forest in the mountains, listening to my favorite music, and watching the dogs sleep peacefully.

But, above all, I find it the most calming to pray and read scripture. The Bible has so much scripture that tells us how much God loves us and protects us. These are just a small percentage of scripture that teaches us about how much God cares about us.

Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10

Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me. Psalm 138:7

You are a hiding place for me; you preserve me from trouble; you surround me with shouts of deliverance.  Psalm 32:7

But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you. Psalm 5:11

My God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold and my refuge, my savior; you save me from violence. I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, and I am saved from my enemies. 2 Samuel 22:3-4

The Lord will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The Lord will keep your going out and your coming in from this time forth and forevermore. Psalm 121:7-8

And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Prayer

God, Heavenly Father, you showed us how much you love us and how dedicated you are to protecting us from danger when you gave us Jesus to die on the cross for our sins. Lent reminds us of your great sacrifice. We have proof every day that you watch over us and protect us in small ways, in big ways, and in miraculous ways. Your word brings us calm in a chaotic world. We are so thankful for your blessings and for your love. Please help us to remember not to take our blessings for granted every single day. Please help us to know you and to trust you. Please help us find calm in the chaos of our world. In Jesus’s name we pray.

This is a beautiful song about seeking God for finding calm in the storm:

 https://youtu.be/e9Snw0Xkgtshttps://youtu.be/e9Snw0Xkgts

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment